The True Story of Three Little Pigs
Author/Illustrator: Jon Scieszka and Lane Smith
Publication Year: 1989
Brief Summary: The wolf tells his version of the story of the Three Little Pigs.
Awards, Honors and Prizes:
- Golden Sower Award, 1992 Honor Primary Nebraska
- Parents’ Choice Award, 1996 Silver Paperback United States
- Children’s Catalog, Nineteenth Edition, 2006 ; H.W. Wilson
- Not Just for Children Anymore!, 2000 ; Children’s Book Council
- Notable Children’s Books, 1990 ; ALSC American Library Association
- Discuss fractured fairytales…how is this different/similar to the story of the Three Little Pigs that we are familiar with?
- Who do you think it’s telling the truth? How do you feel about the wolf after hearing his version?
- Language Arts: discuss the concept of point of view…what does this mean? Why does it matter whose point of view the story is written in?
Special features included (if applicable) — index; timeline; author’s notes; further reading; etc. N/A
Accessed at: Thrasher Elementary Library