My Friend Rabbit
Author/Illustrator: Eric Rohmann
Publisher: Roaring Brook Press
Publication Year: 2002
Brief Summary: Whenever Rabbit is around, something goes wrong, but Mouse plays with his friend anyway.
Awards, Honors and Prizes:
- Randolph Caldecott Medal, 2003 Winner United States
- Best Children’s Books of the Year, 2003 ; Bank Street College of Education
- Children’s Catalog, Eighteenth Edition, Supplement, 2003 ; H.W. Wilson
- Children’s Catalog, Nineteenth Edition, 2006 ; H.W. Wilson
- Children’s Literature Choice List, 2002 ; Children’s Literature
- Notable Children’s Books, 2003 ; ALSC American Library Association
Ideas for using this book in classroom or library and/or brief notes on curriculum connections/content learning standards/Common Core, etc.:
- Think about your best friend. Has he/she ever gotten you into trouble? Have you ever gotten mad at him/her? Why do you stick with them?
- Write a mini-book about something you and your best friend love doing.
Special features included (if applicable) — index; timeline; author’s notes; further reading; etc.
Accessed at: Thrasher Elementary Library