Have You Seen My Duck?
Author/Illustrator: Nancy Tafuti
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Publication Year: 1984
Brief Summary: A mother duck looks for her one missing duck.
Awards, Honors and Prizes:
- Randolph Caldecott Medal, 1985′ ‘ Honor Book’ ” ‘ United States’ ‘
- Children’s Catalog, Eighteenth Edition, 2001 ; H.W. Wilson
Children’s Catalog, Nineteenth Edition, 2006 ; H.W. Wilson
Ideas for using this book in classroom or library and/or brief notes on curriculum connections/content learning standards/Common Core, etc.:
- Practice counting
- Near wordless book: have kids supply words to the narrative
- Name all the animals you see in the book
- Science: discuss setting of book and habitat — what kind of plants grow in the settling?
Special features included (if applicable) — index; timeline; author’s notes; further reading; etc.
Accessed at: Thrasher Elementary Library