Author/Illustrator: Gerald McDermott
Publisher: Dutton Children’s Books
Publication Year: 2003
Brief Summary: The Creation story from God’s point of view.
Awards, Honors and Prizes:
- White Ravens Award, 2004′ ‘ Winner’ ‘ United States’ ‘ United States’ ” ‘
- Capitol Choices, 2004 ; The Capitol Choices Committee
- Children’s Catalog, Eighteenth Edition, Supplement, 2004 ; H.W. Wilson
- Children’s Catalog, Nineteenth Edition, 2006 ; H.W. Wilson
- Children’s Literature Choice List, 2004 ; Children’s Literature
- Kirkus Book Review Stars, August 15, 2003
- Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People, 2004 ; National Council for the Social Studies
- School Library Journal Book Review Stars, September 2003 ; Cahners
Ideas for using this book in classroom or library and/or brief notes on curriculum connections/content learning standards/Common Core, etc.:
- Though this book is beautiful, it might create some controversy…
- Discuss pourquoi stories…would you consider this a pourquoi story (how the world is formed)? Read along with other creation stories and compare/contrast how the different versions explain the creation.
Special features included (if applicable) — index; timeline; author’s notes; further reading; etc.
Accessed at: Capilano Library