Stranger in the Mirror
Author/Illustrator: Allen Say
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin
Publication Year: 1995
Brief Summary: A young boy wakes up to find that his face has transformed into that of an old man.
Awards, Honors and Prizes:
- Kaleidoscope, A Multicultural Booklist for Grades K-8, Second Edition, 1997 ; National Council of Teachers of English
- School Library Journal Book Review Stars, October 1995 ; Cahners
Ideas for using this book in classroom or library and/or brief notes on curriculum connections/content learning standards/Common Core, etc.:
- Why did the boy dream that he’s turned into an old man? How do you think he feels about being old in the beginning of the book?
- How did the teasing from his friends at school make him feel?
- What finally made him feel okay about the way he looked? What lessons did he learn about aging?
Accessed at: Vancouver Public Library