Author/Illustrator: Patricia Polacco
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers
Publication Year: 1990
Brief Summary: Natasha learns about patience and slowing down when she plays with Babushka’s special doll.
Awards, Honors and Prizes:
- Adventuring with Books: A Booklist for PreK-Grade 6, Tenth Edition, 1993 ; National Council of Teachers of English
- Children’s Catalog, Eighteenth Edition, 2001 ; H.W. Wilson
- Children’s Catalog, Nineteenth Edition, 2006 ; H.W. Wilson
- Recommended Literature: Kindergarten through Grade Twelve, 2002 ; California Department of Education
Ideas for using this book in classroom or library and/or brief notes on curriculum connections/content learning standards/Common Core, etc.:
- Describe Natasha. How does she change as the story progresses? What lessons does she learn from playing with the special doll?
- Have you had days when nothing seems right or you just can’t sit still? Write about one of those days and how you “turned it around”.
Special features included (if applicable) — index; timeline; author’s notes; further reading; etc.
Accessed at: Capilano Library